Monday 11 March 2013

Tantra and the voice within ....

8/3/13



It’s just another day, and, deep in thought organizing my appointments. I book a new client in for an afternoon session. He arrives and introductions are made. My first impressions: sophisticated, distinguished, looks after his body. This was a new experience for my client, so I imagine all sorts of thoughts may have been rushing around his head.
I put him at ease and work through the session. As a masseuse, I feel it is a treat to work on a body that is well toned and taut. Touch is a powerful thing and connection enhances the energies.
Time passes very quickly and the session draws to the end. It may be hard to understand if you haven’t experienced the world of Tantra. Because of the connections that are formed instantly, one feels openness and strength of unity.
We talk and I enquire what plans he had in store for the remainder of the day? My client said he was going back home to relax and read. I laughed and said, “Hmmm, you are into reading and I’m doing a lot of writing”.
He told me that he likes to feed his mind. My curiosity got the better of me and I enquired into what he did for a living? He told me that he was a philosopher.
My mouth engaged before brain again. I blurted out:
“Don’t even go there, seriously I’m not into psycho analysing “

He started to laugh, his body language so open and relaxed, instantly putting me back at ease as we chatted more. The conversation had taken a detour and we were discussing the inspiration for the blog.
Initially my reason for starting the blog was for my love of Tantra and I wanted to share this. The second reason, self-healing for me through expressing my thoughts in writing.

“Mr Philosopher” scratched the surface of my personal life and started the fuse smouldering. We talked about love and rejection and it hurt .The wounds I had been guarding for so long started to bleed again. I cried and cried like the young girl I was many years ago. “Mr Philosopher” suggested that love presents itself in many ways and maybe my misguided interpretation of rejection was protection?

I engaged with this suggestion. I saw my past in another dimension and it seemed to me that I had been holding onto a lot of anger and frustration for many years. Our brief encounter had been a blessing and I could not thank him enough. Being honest with the person I am today means a lot to me and is one of the focuses of this blog. A valued lesson taken on board, I am not the young girl I was anymore. Tantra has changed my life, engaging with mind, body and soul enriches me on every level.



Thank you “Mr Philosopher”, you have fed my brain and I yearn for more.




No comments:

Post a Comment